And tell this to your Indian friends that she does not see eye to eye with her mother 99% of the time on many issues, the daughter is known as an ungrateful brat. She has committed blasphemy. She is worse than Judas Iscariot who betrayed Jesus. Indian friends wants nothing to do with her, because not being pally with your mother is just not indian culture !
- What do you call a mother who tries to seperate her adult daughter from their father?
- What do you call a mother who taught her daughter it is safe to follow traditions, and follow "to do as you are told to do". Take instructions, but do not take initiative.
- Because her daughter is not a doctor or an engineer,she is ashamed of her.
- What do you call a mother who on the daughter's 10th birthday said to her,"You should have been born a son. Life would have been easier for your father."
- What do you call a mother when she heard from elsewhere that her daughter was against dowry and fights the boys on the playground.She did not hesitate to abuse her every way possible.
- Instead of celebrating the daughters 16th birthday - The mother kept a plate of food in front of her daughter and said,"Eat this,Eat my shit"
- What do you call a mother who was ashamed of her daughter when she did a Masters much against her approval? And when she got an admission at IIT Bombay, she was against sending her to the hostel(dorm for my non indian readers) because she had heard from her brother-in-law about the freedom that girls and boys interact on campus at all times.
- What do you call a mother who tried her best to stop her daughter who had got a job outside of the city that they called home,when the father intervened and allowed his daughter to go.
- What do you call a mother, who wants the approval of her own siblings for her childrens life decisions(even after 38 years of marriage)than at least hear the opinions of her own children.
- What do you call a mother who has successfully created a divide between siblings?
- What do you call a mother, when she would not allow the children to speak alone with their own father? If they do,both the sides are cross-questioned endlessly seperately.
- The mother enforced her food habits, culture, opinions on her children.Even to the extend that when the daughter said that she did not like gold (gold is a big part of indian culture)the mother told her daughter that she would have preferred keeping a dog than raising a daughter who does not adhere to cultural stereotypes.
- The mother was known in her community as one who pretends to be meek,but behaved like a woman who freely used her whip at home.She was well known for her physical abuse to the extend that her daughter who felt helpless wanted to jump from a 5 storeyed building when she was 12, but chickened out.
- Even after all this abuse, she could not protect her own child from being molested by a child predator at five.
The children would like to put a restraining order on the mother. But Indian Law still do not have such provisions. Who can help such children? And How can they help children from being abused by their own?