30 April 2010

Now in gourmet magazine !

I was in no mood to blop today, but this post cross linked on apartment therapy did it for me. 10 years ago - exactly in 2000 when I was in school, this was how I catered to my sweet tongue .

I smothered the bread with butter and grilled it on the pan. When the bread was hot and toasty, broken pieces of chocolate would go on top of the bread and would stay there till gets melted- from snickers to hersheys - chocolate with 70% cacao was not found in my college town neighborhood of syracuse then.

Fast Forward when I found the joys of 99% cacaco - - I have repeated this several times over. when the smell of butter and the taste of chocolate attack my nerves in the brain - melted chocolate on the bread it is.And if an icecream box is within my hand's reach - a plain old vanilla icecream scoop goes right in -

Whoever said that butter and chocolate on a simple toast of bread couldn't be raised to such elevation of glory...and now found in gourmet magazine!

1 comment:

pink dogwood said...

Wow - It is 4pm on a friday evening and my brain is fried and I am hungry. I must leave now to go fry some bread with butter and chocolate. Weekend is looking good already.

Thank you my friend :)

Copyrights Reserved